Thursday, October 17, 2013

Cervelo Saga Part 3 - VWD

Background since last post... I have been sorting out a bottom bracket issue with the Cervelo S5 for about 8 months. My mechanic at Irvine Bicycles in Irvine California is a rockstar and has really gone to war over this for me. 

Fast forward - I live in Japan now and Cervelo has sent me ANOTHER frame. This is number 3. Refer to previous blogs for background.  I pressed my mechanic and cervelo to sort it out on there end and make this right. And they did just that! I received a VWD version of the S5 frame as an apology for all of this craziness.

From what I gather this is NOT normal and I have talked to other S5 owners and they have no issues.

The problem became complex because the frame arrived 2 days after I left the country for Japan. My brother and friend came to the rescue and the frame is now with me in Japan!


As frustrating as all this has been I need give my shop and mechanic Brian credit and thanks for being so great.  I owe some credit to a cervelo for standing behind their product as well. Race frames are finicky but at least they stand behind their product. I don't know if I could say the same for everyone else.

So next step is get this frame built in Japan. I have been referred to a Cervelo dealer (their are not many) and a trusted mechanic so I will report back after the build.

Special thanks to my brother for connecting the dots and to my good friend for dragging the frame with him and visiting me in Japan.

Thank you again Irvine Bicycles and my mechanic Brian for being such a rockstar. If you need a top end mechanic and shop these are your people in Southern California!

Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment