Monday, September 9, 2013

1 Foot Out the Door - Moving To Japan!

Here we go!  First post and quick background!  34 year old guy, married, no kids, current home in Dana Point, California USA and 2 weeks from now I will live in Japan!

USA Passport
Visa Addition to USA Passport
What do you do now?  I'm a multi-sport athlete by trade (tennis and cycling) with background in nutrition, social media / media production, science, business, and education.
Facebook Feature by Hammer Nutrition
2013 Tennis Summer Camp
Have I been to Japan before?  Yes, a bunch of times  Do I speak Japanese? Functionally yes, much to learn though  I can read / write Hiragana and Katakana with a little bit of Kanji.
View of Yokohama from Akarenga
じてんしゃ / Bicycle
R25 Cafe - Ginza
Waiting for the train
Inside Akarenga in Yokohama

Where will I live?  To start Chiba (45 minutes North East of Tokyo) but will relocate, most likely, to Yokohama (ish).

Why would I do this? (Asked all the time) I've been self employed now for almost 9 years.  I am taking what I know to Japan and want to build my dream business there.  It will take at least a year to get it rolling (yay Japanese paperwork) but I have a few job offers already upon arrival.

What is this blog about then?  I have an active business ADVeveryday Facebook page and ADVeveryday YouTube channel, but this is where I can write, share, educate, learn, and interact a bit more freely.

What's it like relocating to another country?  I'll get into this in other posts.  Lots of planning especially when I am bringing my race bike, gear, cat, etc.  Craziness!

I'll keep the content flowing.  Lots to talk about and I always welcome questions, comments, requests, etc.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment