Monday, September 23, 2013

Ticking Clock...

T-Minus 36 Hours...

My life changes in 36 hours.  I will board Singapore Air bound for Narita, Japan.  Important stuff is packed.  Ya know, carbon bike bits, kit, etc.  Hah!  Strapped the #Cervelo S5 in the Bike Box Alan today.  I was a bit geeky about it.  Watched the online video step by step - it's how I do it.  Took a bit but now I know.

It all strapped in perfect.  I am not a big fan of laying the frame derailleur side down but at this point I'll roll the dice.  Out of time and energy...  I talked to a few people that have this box and they didn't have issues.  For good measure I wrapped the important bits in a bit of bubble wrap and protected the frame where the straps connect.

My only criticism is the wheel cutout sections.  I have Mavic Cosmic Carbone SLR's and the deep section carbon wheels (often found on tri-bikes, etc.) don't clear properly at the crossover point between the 2 wheels where the anti-crush pole meets the box.  I protected the wheels and spokes with some more bubble wrap.  Ya, maybe the parts can take a beating but that's not how I prep for over-seas travel.

Took a quick snap of the bike in the box and the layout I used to keep things safe.  The bike is a 2013 Cervelo S5, 2013 Mavic Cosmic Carbone SLR's, and a 2013 Bike Box Alan.

Dear TSA Gods - please don't destroy my bike.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment